Skip to main content

Anybody knows why fyers don't allow to trade options in CNC order, not even for selling out of the money ??

Where am I?

In FYERS Community - Pick others' brains on Trading/Investing you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

George Roper
George Roper

CNC is for Equity Instruments.

For Derivative Instruments you need to use the MARGIN option. 

Sujit Chakraborty
Sujit Chakraborty

Fyers should have disabled CNC for Option trading orders so that those cannot be placed in the first place. For option trading only Intraday or Margin options work. 

PA
PA

Agree. This is better.

Pivot Pro
Pivot Pro

What about those who want to hold option overnight 

George Roper
George Roper

Using the MARGIN option on the order window.

Sajo John
Sajo John

Margin option doesn't have the option to put stop loss or target to keep,  in case the selected stock goes up and we need to book a profit, what's the solution...It seems tough when we migrate from other brokers to Fyers. 

Vanshika Singh
Vanshika Singh FYERS TEAM

Hey @Krieger,

As explained by @George Roper, we've kept the product type of "CNC" only for equity to avoid confusion. If you take delivery in F&O positions, then select "Margin" as the product type. 

Hope this helps!

Sajo John
Sajo John

Margin option doesn't have the feature to put stop loss or target to keep,  in case the selected stock goes up and we need to book a profit, what's the solution ? ...It seems tough when we migrate from other brokers to Fyers. 

Sajo John
Sajo John

If it is the case, how could someone make target or stoploss in options trading..Is that SL & Target allowed only for Equity?

Sujit Chakraborty
Sujit Chakraborty

For target order if you have bought an option  place a buy limit order to square off and vice-versa if sold first. For stop loss place a stop or stop limit order. 

Sajo John
Sajo John

I couldn't do any modifications at all after placing an order using margin ... seems tough compare to other brokers and I have checked everywhere including your YouTube videos to find a solution for this.