Skip to main content
Discussion
Traders Lounge

Please some body tell how to exit from an open position by limit order without using margin anymore.

Where am I?

In FYERS Community - Pick others' brains on Trading/Investing you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Anirban Kanrar
Anirban Kanrar FYERS TEAM

Hi @Tathagata Bhattacharjya,

You can place a limit order to exit from your open position, and no extra margin will be utilized for placing a counter order.

Hope this clarifies!

Tathagata Bhattacharjya
Tathagata Bhattacharjya

Thank you Anirban for replying to my question. But it creates one more specific question. How to create a Limit order to exit from an open position? Because there is only a "X" beside the existing open position and if I click into that "X" button, it only leads me to exit from that position through a "Market Order". Please suggest.

Anirban Kanrar

As you have mentioned above, if you click on X button then the system will exit your position at the market. If you want to exit in a limit price then you have to place a limit order for that particular price!

Tathagata Bhattacharjya
Tathagata Bhattacharjya

Then I guess I have to place an separate order altogether which needs separate margin. Right? I hope you have experienced Open Order Exit option from Zerodha or Upstox where no extra margin required. If I have to exercise the same. How shall I proceed in Fyers Web. Please guide.

Anirban Kanrar

As I have already mentioned above that there will be no extra margin utilized for placing a counter order. You can place a limit order manually to exit your open position!

Piyush Patel
Piyush Patel

Anirban, How to Exit in nifty buy option because putting a limit order for sell will sell that particular strike not exit. Therefore i am not able to sell partial open positions only full at market price!!!