Skip to main content
Discussion
Order Types

Why there is no bracket order in fyers app. And no final margin calculation like zerodha in app. it would be beneficial for us.

Where am I?

In FYERS Community - Pick others' brains on Trading/Investing you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Yashas Khoday
Yashas Khoday FYERS Team

@Anurag Shrivastava 

• ofcourse we have bracket order (BO) in the Fyers App. Please refer to the screenshot below. 
FYERS App - BO Placement
FYERS App - BO Placement
  • Margin calculation in the order window is in development right now. It would be rolled out soon!

Stay tuned!

Monkey Singh
Monkey Singh

I agree. Margin calculation is very essential. Prices go out of possible exit levels because the order errors out saying insufficient margin. Like we calculate margin basis an approximate 10x but some shares do not even have 3 or 4x and we realise that only from the error message. Now to get that error message, we need the market to be open. If we want to calculate margin requirements by putting a dummy order and get the info beforehand, the error that comes in pre-market only says "markets are closed". Disaster struck me when I put a huge quantity to get the calculation and the order got executed. 20,000 freaking quantity on Power Grid...damn! This boring scrip gets allocated a princely sum towards leverage!
PS: On other broking apps that didn't have the margin autocalculator on the order window, I used to put dummy orders on the instruments before the market and assess the leverage requirements from the error messages. 

Yashas Khoday
Yashas Khoday FYERS Team

We are planning a roll out of thr margin calculator feature on the app very soon. It should be available within this month end! Stay tuned

Sachin Nawale
Sachin Nawale

hey buddy when is the margin calculator coming in basket order ???