Skip to main content
Mehul Pithadia
Price is God
Asked a question 8 months ago

Does anyone use Fractals in intraday trading? Asking as it is an underrated indicator (if you want to call it an indicator)?

Join FYERS Community to connect & interact with active traders/investors in India.

I am not into trading, but try to learn new things and experiment regularly. Recently, I started working with fractals and trying to understand in-depth. At the same time, I am trying it out in combination with other indicators also.

Does anyone use Fractals in intraday trading? Asking as it is an underrated indicator (if you want to call it an indicator)?

The left side is fractals + PSAR - I am doing it to check the effectiveness of the trend.

The right side is fractals, while using EMA 50High (blue), EMA 50Low (green), EMA 15Close (black line). I am still in the process of linking fractals with these but how I used to work earlier is that:

As long as EMA15C was above EMA50H & EMA50L, with price line above EMA15C, it works well, meaning uptrend is intact and can be bought. When price starts cutting EMA15C on the downside, then it indicates a possible start of sell and, if the EMA 15C itself cuts the other two EMA lines, then it is in a definite downtrend.

I don't have sufficient understanding of technical analysis, so a beginner's understanding is shared here. :)

Rgds

Gvk.