Skip to main content
Rizwan
Trader
Asked a question 9 months ago

How and when you become profitable? I am trading for about year now still losing, any suggestion?

Pivot Pro
Are you trading in FnO or Equity
Rizwan
Jilani I mostly trade Equity.
Mitesh
Equity and future can only have stop loss. Options selling can have adjustments, stoploss, pyramiding, position sizing plus theta decay in your favour. You have multiple options with it. The one who knows this is successful, magar ha starting mein Haath jal sakte hai, I mean may blow up account if playing with emotions. Its better to do backtest of strategies multiple times before taking trades. Then enter with limited capital willing to Lose, but focus on reasonable return and increase capital after getting confidence. BEFORE EARN, LEARN..
Rizwan
Mitesh Yeah.. but in option selling you need big capital.
Mitesh
Yes, to withdraw regularly from market u need to have big capital coz thats the prime source of earning, but if u do have other sources for ur expenses then u can start low and compound it till u make it primary source. A far otm hedge position can be done under 1 lac with remaining capital to adjust position if trade went wrong. Keep pop high in strategy with some extra capital in hand for adjustment. Keep compounding.
Pivot Pro
Option trading not recommended for beginner, because without experience high change of loss capital
Mitesh
Rizwan you can check in margin calculator, many brokers provide it, u can check in fyers. Keep hedge ALWAYS. Small capital won't bring you big return but it will teach you patience. Slowly you can increase your capital after you gain confidence.
Uncle Tom
Rizwan 1 year is too early to come to any kind of meaningful conclusion about your future in active trading, keep trying and also know that it is not for everybody.
Rizwan
Mitesh Jilani thank you Guys for you comments. but I wanted to know what made you guys profitable and how long it took
Mitesh
Improving improving and improving. Some may be successful in very short term some may take many years, its all about mindset and how much you are willing to lose. There are many strategies, it depends on you which suits you better. Couple of factors are position sizing, adjustments, stop loss, these three are good enough to be successful in trading.
Arshad Iqbal
Bro can you tell me where do you lack behind. Since you started 1 year back how are you trading, full time or part time, intraday or swing. How did you learn all that, like do you have complete knowledge or you are slowly learning. I want to know what not to do so I don't have to be on the loosing side for longer period.
Rizwan
Arshad Iqbal
Thank you for you question you made me realize that maybe psychology is my problem. Because whenever I find strategy or learn them form YouTube or anywhere else. first I BackTest them if I get good enough win to lose ratio then i start trading with that strategy i do this for few days until i start losing. Once i start losing money i lose my fate in that strategy. then i start to look for new. and then cycle repeats its self.
actually what am looking for is a Great strategy that i can "Trust".

Join FYERS Community to pick others' brains on Trading/Investing

1. Need to learn the market first, just few indicators and mainly chart/Price  reading...Learn and practice...( Don't depend much on indicators)
  2. Need to understand price patterns, 
  3. Trade with only hedging
  4. Position sizing is very much important, Deploy max 30% of your capital, Balance 70%  required for adjustments incase your trade go wrong
  5. Don't depend on others/Tips
  6. Emotion and conviction play major role
  7. If u r option buyer...stop immediately.. learn when to buy and when to sell options
  8. If future buyer/seller, don't forget to hedge your positions, FNO means future +Option.. must trade together as hedge.
  9. Wait for the perfect Entry/Exit, don't just jump-in, No position is also a position
  10. If trade goes wrong exit early...If profitable, keep trailing