Start with Debit spread & Credit spread
For Example: Buy ATM and Sell OTM
Loss is Capped from the trades begin
Join FYERS Community to pick others' brains on Trading/Investing
If you are trading in Options that means you are already in with RISK. But Still, you can minimize your loss by placing STOP-LOSS. Now, How do you do that? Place STOP-LOSS according to the risk you can take in a single trade.
For example, You have 1,00,000 in your Demat account and you take a risk of 1,000 - 2,000 per trade. That means in Options you are taking 30 - 40 points as a risk in Bank nifty and 15 - 20 Points as a risk in Nifty. Once you know how many points your Stop loss is, you can decide on the strike price and place an order. Remember this needs to be done quickly.
Now, you can slowly trail your stop loss or add more qualities once the position is going with you. It depends on the individual how they trade. I personally, add quantity and trail my stop loss to my entry price. Now, you got this right. You will automatically reduce your risk and increase your Reward.
Remember, do not overtrade if your stop loss is hit. Enter only according to your Strategy. Overtrading is where most traders lose their money.
Happy trading :)
Before explaining about minimize of losses, I would like to explain how to plan your trade. Here are some rules that I do prefer to follow.
These points are actually helpful for me, if like it like and can follow me as well in telegram26
Several strategies exist that reduce risk while increasing return. Traders can learn how to benefit from the flexibility and power that stock options can offer with a little effort. The following options strategies are fundamental knowledge for all investors.
1. Options are inherently riskier than stocks.
2. If you are successful trading stocks, consider trading options.
3. Immediately after placing an order, place a stop loss.
4. Practice using the right RRR (Risk To Reward Ratio).
5. The psychology in options is significant. So put some effort into psychology so you can avoid overtrading and minimize losses!
6. Always expose 1 to 5 percent of your total investment to risk!
7. Avoid trading too much. No matter, you're out of luck. Refrain from taking the opposite side. Still, yes! Those who are sellers can hedge their positions. Do not, however, take a counterposition as a buyer!
In the world of trading be it options, stocks, currency or commodities the most important thing is to minimize the losses.
1. To minimize the losses one should follow strict stop-loss and once the stop-loss is triggered one should exit the positions. There are different methods of keeping a stop-loss .Like Point-based, Technical stop-loss, Percent stop-loss, Volatility stop-loss and time based stop-loss.
To know more about them click on the below mention link.
2. Don't get your emotions in between the trades when stop-loss is hit.
3. Position -sizing
Besides , this some of the important points one should keep while trading in options and which can help in reducing the losses are
To know more on PCR and VI you can click on the below mentioned link.
With every online investment, there is fear of loss. So, whether it’s options trading or anything else make sure that you are investing only 2 to 3% of your income.
Many retail traders go with a flow and witness heavy loss. It is better to control your greed and imagine a bigger picture.
If you invest only 2 to 3%, obviously you’ll face minimal loss.
A way of putting stop loss is based on the time factor. Important price behaviors may be observed by any price action trader. Some traders prefer to base their trades according to the world clock of the trading day. One can set a strict watch schedule and determine what choices are to be made. The US market open hours and UK market Open hours can have a significant nudge on the Forex markets. It is important to consider price analysis during such key moments. As one can see important price fluctuations can be used to decide on whether or not to go ahead with a trade. The sudden movements in the market can completely shift the trends in a matter of a few minutes. This allows one to ride or leave the trend. Many traders would close their position basis the clock as there could be significant exposure to the change of polarity, beyond a certain timeframe.
It is glad that u want to do option trading with minimal loss, go with hedged strategies like debit spread and credit spread which caps the max loss . Or place a stop loss in ur option trading.Use opstra or option desk which is der in fyers before placing trade. U can control what is in ur hand that is only loss from ur trade ,market will take care of profit.All the best.