Skip to main content
Asked a question 9 months ago

WHY DON'T FYERS ALLOW TO PLACE A NEW ORDER TO COMBINELY ADD STOP AND TARGET FOR THE CURRENT OPEN POSITION IN INTRADAY?(AS IT IS THERE IN TRADINGVIEW PLATFORM).IS THERE ANY LEGAL ANGLE FOR IT?IF NO,THEN ADDING THIS FEATURE WILL MAKE FYERS TRADER-FRIENDLY AS COMPARED TO OTHER BROKERS.

Tejas Khoday FYERS Team
You can do it using Bracket Orders (BO). Btw, bracket orders are intraday orders. Hope this helps.
SIMPLE is POWERFUL
Hello Tejas Sir,Bracket Order is used for taking NEW trades.I am talking of adding SL and/ or Target AFTER a trade is enterd into i.e. for position already taken.
Dipali Patil
I think you are referring to OCO(one cancels other); when target hits, SL order gets canceled and when SL hit, target order gets canceled.
Monkey Singh
Tejas Khoday No sir, it always gives the error "bracket orders not allowed for this scrip". I have been saying this since ages. However I haven't tried it of late, is that problem solved? Given how of late there has been repeated chaotic SL hunting moves, we miss taking our profits because if just touches a level and there are repetitive sharp reversals. Over and above this nuisance of pop ups causing the browser to freeze ends up with us refreshing or opening fresh browsers and by then our MTM goes into deep red by then. In frustration the only option left at that moment is to select "exit all positions".
Tejas Khoday FYERS Team
Monkey Singh Which scrips are you trading?
Monkey Singh
Tejas Khoday Nifty Banknifty F&O various strikes. A few months ago we could use bracket orders even for F&O on Nifty - BankNifty but not thereafter.
Tejas Khoday FYERS Team
Monkey Singh Try it on Monday and let me know :)
Pathi Rahul FYERS TEAM
Monkey Singh Cover Orders & Bracket orders are only enabled for Equity & Futures.
BO & CO for Options segment is disabled as SL-M orders was discontinued by the exchange.
Pathi Rahul FYERS TEAM
SIMPLE is POWERFUL Currently our OMS does not support the feature of placing both Target & SL. However, we are working on this. Stay tuned!
Monkey Singh
Tejas Khoday Pathi Rahul If that is so, then the BO order form just has to have one more addition with SL-Limit instead of plain market stop loss.
Pathi Rahul FYERS TEAM
Monkey Singh Your feedback is noted, We will work on it. Stay tuned.
Tejas Khoday FYERS Team
Monkey Singh Yes, but if that SL-L doesn't get trigger then you'll be in trouble, right?
Raghavendra Prasad
One more thing to be noted please. While placing cover order current position and stoploss order lines are overlapping and unable to drag them individually.
Pathi Rahul FYERS TEAM
Raghavendra Prasad Kindly Elaborate on this.
Pradeep M
Tejas Khoday It means it is not available on index options??

Join FYERS Community to pick others' brains on Trading/Investing