Please correct Segements to Segments.
Thanks for wanting to know more about me, well, but George Roper is not my real name. I prefer some privacy here.
Myself looking forward to gaining more knowledge through this forum, in the Mutual Funds domain and in exchange I like to contribute with the little knowledge I have in other areas of trading & investing.
By being pro-active on this forum:
Coming back to using the pseudonym, George Roper, it is a character played by Brian Murphy in the comedy sitcom "George & Mildred". If you like watching comedy sitcoms, maybe you will enjoy watching it, it's available on YouTube.
Please correct Segements to Segments.
Started seeing this bug after the recent tradingview library update over the weekend.
1 minutes time-frame, Line charts, compare any 6 symbols, the feed gets disconnected on most of the symbols after few minutes.
Anyone who is free here, can you please observe this for a few minutes and report back.
Started using the old version of the terminal and the bug has disappeared.
Seems like this is a bug inside the latest tradingview chart library.
Please report this bug. Thanks
1) When someone does an intraday short strangle on Nifty, theoretically is it the total theta decay for the day on the P&L calculation table they are targeting for?
2) When I do short strangle, I have noticed that when there is a bit of volatility, sometimes the peak profit of the position is not necessarily at the end of the day. Is there some general calculation that I can use in mind, to know that the profit right now on screen is at its peak than waiting till end of day. So I can manually square off the trade than waiting till 3:30 and make less than what the position has yielded during intraday?
@Gopal Kavalireddi what is your take on this?
Active position when Nifty at 15000
SHORT ON NIFTY JUNE 14200 PE ( ENTRY 80, CMP 90, T + 1 days)
How would someone find the corresponding CE leg to short, for converting the active naked OTM short position in to a Strangle strategy. So that, the theta decay of the new CE short position will be faster to make up to the 10 point loss already in the position?
What greek values are to be matched in this situation for find the corresponding strike of the CE to short, to make this losing position into a strangle?
On a broad definition that is generally made available, these as proprietary trading enterprises vs individual traders.
Also, we are taught that the CLIENT positions in the eod reports are losing positions, so we need to trade against these positions.
But recently, on YouTube videos we see many successful individuals, trading proprietary level positions worth crores through their individual trading accounts, which I assume might be CLIENT positions in the context of the above info we already have. If this is correct, we can't go by the general rule that the positions of these individuals that gets categorized under CLIENT are also losing positions.
To get the knowledge right for those who are seeking it, @Tejas Khoday we need your expertise insights on this.
1) Who classifies these trading accounts as Pro or Client, is it the exchange or the stockbroker or the account holder themselves?
2) What criteria does the stockbroker or exchange use to tag the account as client or pro, is it the
I am not a fundamental analyst, I had a rough understanding on what this comparison was, until watching some videos recently gave me conflicting views, so forgive me if this question sounds stupid.
With respect to the quarter ending, March,2021, What exactly do stock analysts mean when they say Quarter on Quarter?.
Is that a comparison between
1) Jan, Feb, March of 2021 and Oct, Nov, Dec of 2020.
2) Jan, Feb, March, of 2021 and Jan, Feb, March 2020.
3) The whole 12 months from Apr 2020 to March 2021 and Apr 1999 to March 2020.
@Gopal Kavalireddi please help me out here. Thanks
Nifty now at 14300 levels and corrected about 7% from the peak, do you expect further downside to reach about 10% correction for levels below 14000?