Skip to main content
Question
FYERS Web
James
Programmer in pine
Asked a question last year

Guys anyone has demo video on orders placement ? i placed an order intraday let's say sell on 735, now i want to put the exit order on 730 ( in tradingview you have somethig called protect position where you can place 2 legs or any leg ) . when i try to close the trade from the chart it always asks me close trade on (XXX price ) which is market price. puzzling situation. i can place another intraday buy order but i realized it takes another margin . kindly help

Join FYERS Community to pick others' brains on Trading/Investing

Hi @Saurabh Pandey11,

You can place a counter order of Buy Limit at ₹730 (As per your example). The margin required will be displayed while placing the counter order but an additional margin will not be blocked for such an order.

Let me give you an example by placing an order along with some screenshots for more clarity. 

1. I'd shorted 6 Qty of SBIN at Market (₹428.40) in Intraday. The margin required is around ₹385 for placing the order. 

Guys anyone has demo video on orders placement ? i placed an order intraday let's say sell on 735, now i want to put the exit order on 730 ( in tradingview you have somethig called protect position where you can place 2 legs or any leg ) .  when i try to close the trade from the chart it always asks me close trade on (XXX  price )  which is market price. puzzling situation.  i can place another intraday buy order but i realized it takes another margin . kindly help

2. I've placed a Buy Limit order at ₹425 as displayed in the image below:

Guys anyone has demo video on orders placement ? i placed an order intraday let's say sell on 735, now i want to put the exit order on 730 ( in tradingview you have somethig called protect position where you can place 2 legs or any leg ) .  when i try to close the trade from the chart it always asks me close trade on (XXX  price )  which is market price. puzzling situation.  i can place another intraday buy order but i realized it takes another margin . kindly help

3. As you can see in the image below the utilized amount is still ₹385.56 and no amount is blocked additionally for the counter order.

Hope this clarifies!